

So last week was Springville High School's first football game! Im sure that sounds really random unless you know that I coach Springville's cheer squad. This is my third year and I think it will be the best one so far. I have a really fun squad this year and they work really hard. Anyways, back to the game. We played Dixie High School in St. George. This is where Taylor went to high school and every time I say anything about Dixie, Taylor reminds me how they took state in 98' for football. So you can imagine how hard it is for him to decide which side he should sit on even though that was 10 years ago! Well I was supposed to ride down with Taylor to the game but he had a conference for work and ended up not being able to come. So that left me riding the bus with the football team and cheerleaders! It was just like high school all over again! We had to double up seats and even triple some seats all the way down to fit everyone. And the football coach warned me ahead of time to make sure the girls weren't wearing any kind of perfumes or lotions! Because you know how those boys hormones get out of control when they do. Yes that is what the coach said to me. Needless to say it was a very long and hot ride down since busses have no air conditioning. All the windows were down and I felt like I had just gotten out of a wind storm when we finally got off the bus. We stayed in Cedar City the first night and went bowling and shopping on friday, then drove the rest of the way to St. George. It was a good game but I'm afraid its not looking so good for Springville this year, oh well at least the cheerleaders are good, right! It ended up 20 to 3. We headed home after the game and I got home at 4:00 in the morning which was kind of funny because Taylor had just woken up to leave for Springville to run the Hobble Creek Half Marathon. I didn't get to run it because there was no way I could run 13 miles after not sleeping. But Taylor did very good and is quite the runner now. I decided to post some pictures of my cute little squad though. Go Devils!



8 comments:
Go Jana!
That's awesome you still have cheer in your life!
haha
Remember when we would pretend we we're cheerleaders at Greenwood and say, "Go Bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S"
lol!!!
xOxOxO
don't you just miss all of our little cheerleading days? "hula, hula. who thinks they're bad?!" and don't ever forget our one piece white cheer outfits. purely amazing!!! rachel is in d.c. this week but i will see if we can get together next week or something and let you know. i hope you have a new cheer made up for me when i see you next. no joke.
So cute! I bet the girls love you!
It's like Richfield High all over again.....Football team is horrible but who cares, the cheerleaders are good!! I bet you guys have a lot of fun!!
Hello!! so I think about calling you every day.. I'm not joking but I never know when would be a good time but I should just call anyways! well hope you are doing good. Yes I am still pregnant, sometimes I wish I would go early.. but nothing! so we need to chat and you need to come to richfield soon and visit your family, and me too! ha well lets catch up soon-
ps.. fun pictures! sounds like you are going to have a great year!
Hey Jana, good to hear from you! My mom said she ran into you. It's fun to hear all the updates on your family. Does Jeanie blog or email? Get me her info if you can I'd like to say hi to her. - Autum
What? You were in Cedar and didn't call me to come shopping? I'm ticked. Anyway, I am so glad you found me and I love the posts. Remind me when you are running the race in St. George and I'll come cheer you on. Oh how I miss my JANA!!
P.S. You have so much more heart than I do. A Cheer Coach for 3 years. I envy you.
Post a Comment